Kansas Board of Healing Arts director, general counsel resign
Kansas City Star, April 3, 2008
Kansas Board of Healing Arts Director Larry Buening and general counsel Mark Stafford have resigned amid criticism that they were slow to investigate complaints, including those against a doctor who lost 56 patients to overdoses. The agency oversees and licenses doctors and other medical professionals in the state, and the board vowed to continue improvements to make the agency more responsive.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'