Summa Health System recruits 26 Ohio cardiologists
Akron Beacon-Journal, April 3, 2008
Northeast Ohio Cardiovascular Specialists has entered into a five-year contract to join Summa Physicians Inc., the physician-practice arm of Summa Health System. "We feel like we're stabilizing the cardiology supply and creating a model that makes it more attractive to come to Akron, Ohio, so we can not only retain the people we have but also recruit new ones," SPI President T. Clifford Deveny, MD, told the Akron Beacon-Journal. The doctors also gain efficiencies with the deal, as well as salaried positions, said NOCS representatives.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse