Summa Health System recruits 26 Ohio cardiologists
Akron Beacon-Journal, April 3, 2008
Northeast Ohio Cardiovascular Specialists has entered into a five-year contract to join Summa Physicians Inc., the physician-practice arm of Summa Health System. "We feel like we're stabilizing the cardiology supply and creating a model that makes it more attractive to come to Akron, Ohio, so we can not only retain the people we have but also recruit new ones," SPI President T. Clifford Deveny, MD, told the Akron Beacon-Journal. The doctors also gain efficiencies with the deal, as well as salaried positions, said NOCS representatives.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013