Summa Health System recruits 26 Ohio cardiologists
Akron Beacon-Journal, April 3, 2008
Northeast Ohio Cardiovascular Specialists has entered into a five-year contract to join Summa Physicians Inc., the physician-practice arm of Summa Health System. "We feel like we're stabilizing the cardiology supply and creating a model that makes it more attractive to come to Akron, Ohio, so we can not only retain the people we have but also recruit new ones," SPI President T. Clifford Deveny, MD, told the Akron Beacon-Journal. The doctors also gain efficiencies with the deal, as well as salaried positions, said NOCS representatives.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically