Survey shows state of ASC reimbursement, EHR adoption
A survey shows that 82% of ambulatory surgery centers don’t use an electronic health record, and obstacles cited by administrators were similar to those facing other physician organizations: lack of personnel, capital, and compatible software. ASCs are also worried about reimbursement changes--42 percent expect decreased revenue, and many think gastroenterology services will have a negative impact.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs