The health insurance mafia
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), April 14, 2008
In this opinion piece for the Wall Street Journal, Jonathan Kellerman, MD, notes that most discussions about the rising cost of healthcare emphasize the need to get more people insured. But, Kellerman says, perhaps the solution to much of what currently plagues healthcare, such as rising costs and diminishing levels of service, rests on a different approach: fewer people insured.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers