Too many heart centers, not enough transplants in Chicago
Critics say the proliferation of heart transplant centers in the Chicago area is unnecessary, enormously expensive and of questionable benefit. Chicago is tied with Philadelphia for having the most heart transplant programs for adults--five--of any city in the country. In this case competition appears to have backfired, leaving the Chicago heart transplant centers operating below capacity.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers