Blue Cross of Florida ordered to pay doctors
The Third District Court of Appeals has ruled that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida must pay pathologists for their professional services. The decision could affect 11 similar cases, and affirms a jury's decision to award $1.5 million to the South Florida doctors who make up Palmetto Pathology Services. Blue Cross Blue Shield had paid pathologists a professional fee until 1999 when it decided it would pay for only lab services, but the pathologists insisted that they are entitled to a fee for analyzing results.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions