Florida doctor oversight rapped
Miami Herald, April 23, 2008
Ratings from consumer group Public Citizen showed the Florida Board of Medicine disciplined doctors slightly more often than in a previous study, but still ranks in the bottom half of states. Public Citizen is concerned that many states are lenient in not disciplining problem doctors, and as a result endangering the lives and health of patients. The Florida Board of Medicine has repeatedly insisted it's only doing its job in treating physicians fairly.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor