Florida doctor oversight rapped
Miami Herald, April 23, 2008
Ratings from consumer group Public Citizen showed the Florida Board of Medicine disciplined doctors slightly more often than in a previous study, but still ranks in the bottom half of states. Public Citizen is concerned that many states are lenient in not disciplining problem doctors, and as a result endangering the lives and health of patients. The Florida Board of Medicine has repeatedly insisted it's only doing its job in treating physicians fairly.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers