Heart surgeon gets Congressional Gold Medal
President Bush has presented heart surgeon Michael DeBakey with a Congressional Gold Medal. Houston-based DeBakey pioneered such procedures as heart bypass and has invented medical devices to help heart patients. He's also developed the idea of battlefield mobile surgical hospitals known as MASH units.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction