Virtual office visits appeal to patients, physicians, insurers
Titusville, FL-based physician Frank Dienst, MD, is among the first physicians in Central Florida to conduct online, reimbursed consultations with patients. And now that three major health-insurance plans are reimbursing physicians for online consultations, Dienst expects he'll soon have plenty of company. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida has reimbursed a limited number of online visits for nearly four years. It has been slow to catch on, however—Blue Cross officials estimate the total number of monthly online visits statewide is about 50, with fewer than a dozen being submitted for reimbursement.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013