Organization pushes for "maintenance of licensure"
Federation of State Medical Boards, May 8, 2008
The Federation of State Medical Boards is working on a policy that would require physicians to demonstrate their continuing competence in order to get relicensed. The draft proposal would require physicians to take part in ongoing self-assessment and demonstrate competence in their areas of practice.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big