Organization pushes for "maintenance of licensure"
Federation of State Medical Boards, May 8, 2008
The Federation of State Medical Boards is working on a policy that would require physicians to demonstrate their continuing competence in order to get relicensed. The draft proposal would require physicians to take part in ongoing self-assessment and demonstrate competence in their areas of practice.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009