Organization pushes for "maintenance of licensure"
Federation of State Medical Boards, May 8, 2008
The Federation of State Medical Boards is working on a policy that would require physicians to demonstrate their continuing competence in order to get relicensed. The draft proposal would require physicians to take part in ongoing self-assessment and demonstrate competence in their areas of practice.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board