Even doctors guess at health charges
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), May 21, 2008
Patients are often frustrated not knowing how much medical care will cost before they're treated. Wall Street Journal columnist Benjamin Brewer, MD, says he understands, because he can't get that information when he needs it, either.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer