Illinois woman settles for $15 million in hospital malpractice suit
Chicago Tribune, May 21, 2008
An Illinois woman whose child suffered brain damage at birth in a Sandwich hospital has settled a malpractice suit against the doctor, hospital and staff for $15.35 million, one of the largest settlements of its kind in the state. The woman delivered her son at Valley West Community Hospital in October 2001. The boy suffered cerebral palsy and mental retardation as a result of medical negligence during delivery, the woman's lawyers said.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream