Illinois woman settles for $15 million in hospital malpractice suit
Chicago Tribune, May 21, 2008
An Illinois woman whose child suffered brain damage at birth in a Sandwich hospital has settled a malpractice suit against the doctor, hospital and staff for $15.35 million, one of the largest settlements of its kind in the state. The woman delivered her son at Valley West Community Hospital in October 2001. The boy suffered cerebral palsy and mental retardation as a result of medical negligence during delivery, the woman's lawyers said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness