Commentary: Primary care has rewards despite hassles
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), June 4, 2008
Wall Street Journal columnist Benjamin Brewer, MD, says that despite the monetary rewards of choosing high paying specialties, many of these docs are missing out on the best parts of medicine. In family medicine, Brewer says their is a feeling of importance in the work and the satisfaction of seeing patients get well and the kids grow up.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care