Appointment affirms doctors’ role in Massachusetts-based Atrius Health
Gene Lindsey, MD, has been named the permanent chief executive of Newton, MA-based Atrius Health, the collection of physician practices that includes Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates. His selection had been widely expected in Boston's medical community—he has been with Harvard Vanguard and its predecessor organizations for 33 years and since 1986 has served in various leadership positions. Harvard Vanguard is one of the largest physician practices in the United States that is not tied to a hospital, and has alliances with Dedham Medical Associates, Southboro Medical Group, South Shore Medical Center, South Shore Medical Group, and Granite Medical.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue