Medical group forms malpractice insurance company
The Greenville News, June 12, 2008
The South Carolina Medical Association has formed a new company to offer malpractice insurance to physicians in the state. The South Carolina Physicians Assurance Company is designed as a safety net should commercial carriers leave the market during an earnings downturn. Currently, most physicians have their malpractice insurance through South Carolina Joint Underwriters Association.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts