Medical group forms malpractice insurance company
The Greenville News, June 12, 2008
The South Carolina Medical Association has formed a new company to offer malpractice insurance to physicians in the state. The South Carolina Physicians Assurance Company is designed as a safety net should commercial carriers leave the market during an earnings downturn. Currently, most physicians have their malpractice insurance through South Carolina Joint Underwriters Association.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'