Board to post Nevada doctors' malpractice history
After a hepatitis C outbreak in southern Nevada drew focus on the Board of Medical Examiners' operations, Nevada regulators have decided to post more information about doctors' malpractice history on the Board's Web site. The outbreak spurred criticism of the way the board distributes information about the doctors it licenses and censures. The current Web site lists the names of doctors who've been disciplined and the nature of the infraction, and the board plans to add to that a searchable database of all doctors named in malpractice cases that ended in a settlement, award, or judgment.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program