Do hospitalists improve hospital stays or increase risk?
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), June 24, 2008
In this Wall Street Journal blog entry, Sarah Rubenstein notes that with primary-care doctors more frazzled than ever, the number of hospitalists has been growing. But while there are more than 20,000 hospitalists working in this country, there's still some debate over their role in health are, Rubenstein says.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty