Do hospitalists improve hospital stays or increase risk?
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), June 24, 2008
In this Wall Street Journal blog entry, Sarah Rubenstein notes that with primary-care doctors more frazzled than ever, the number of hospitalists has been growing. But while there are more than 20,000 hospitalists working in this country, there's still some debate over their role in health are, Rubenstein says.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'