Do hospitalists improve hospital stays or increase risk?
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), June 24, 2008
In this Wall Street Journal blog entry, Sarah Rubenstein notes that with primary-care doctors more frazzled than ever, the number of hospitalists has been growing. But while there are more than 20,000 hospitalists working in this country, there's still some debate over their role in health are, Rubenstein says.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement