IPC The Hospitalist buys Hospitalists of America
AP/Boston Globe, June 27, 2008
Physician group practice operator IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc. will buy Hospitalists of America, allowing it to expand into Southeast Florida. By buying HOA, IPC said it will gain a network of independent physicians who will offer services to HOA's health plan and hospital customers in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. IPC representatives said the company expects the deal to close in the third quarter but did not disclose financial terms.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says