IPC The Hospitalist buys Hospitalists of America
AP/Boston Globe, June 27, 2008
Physician group practice operator IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc. will buy Hospitalists of America, allowing it to expand into Southeast Florida. By buying HOA, IPC said it will gain a network of independent physicians who will offer services to HOA's health plan and hospital customers in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. IPC representatives said the company expects the deal to close in the third quarter but did not disclose financial terms.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts