Atlanta-based Piedmont Heart Institute makes deal to expand
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, June 30, 2008
The Atlanta-based Piedmont Heart Institute announced it has acquired another group of heart specialists, Cardiac Disease Specialists, and that its doctors will become PHI employees by July 1. Cardiac Disease Specialists became the third major cardiovascular physician group to join the Piedmont Heart Institute, making PHI Physicians one of the largest cardiovascular specialist groups in the Southeast. Terms of the arrangement were not disclosed, but PHI purchased CDS' hard assets, including nuclear cameras, echo machines and diagnostic test equipment, said PHI representatives.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013