Maryland-based Erickson to open off-site medical practice for seniors
Baltimore Sun, July 8, 2008
Erickson Retirement Communities, a Catonsville, MD-based developer of retirement communities, plans to open its first free-standing medical practice for senior citizens and will consider expanding with similar off-site offices in Maryland and throughout the country. The new Erickson office will serve adults 65 and older who are covered by Medicare. The move comes at a time when threatened cuts in Medicare reimbursement rates could make it increasingly difficult for physicians to treat Medicare patients.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts