Fee schedule includes telehealth coverage, gainsharing
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, July 10, 2008
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has proposed new efforts to promote access to higher quality and more efficient healthcare delivered by the nation's physicians to people with Medicare under the 2009 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, according to a CMS release. Among the changes are proposals to reimburse for telephone or e-mail encounters, and a rule to allow more gainsharing.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest