Fee schedule includes telehealth coverage, gainsharing
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, July 10, 2008
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has proposed new efforts to promote access to higher quality and more efficient healthcare delivered by the nation's physicians to people with Medicare under the 2009 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, according to a CMS release. Among the changes are proposals to reimburse for telephone or e-mail encounters, and a rule to allow more gainsharing.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line