Fee schedule includes telehealth coverage, gainsharing
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, July 10, 2008
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has proposed new efforts to promote access to higher quality and more efficient healthcare delivered by the nation's physicians to people with Medicare under the 2009 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, according to a CMS release. Among the changes are proposals to reimburse for telephone or e-mail encounters, and a rule to allow more gainsharing.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High