Diagnosis without doctors?
Revolution Health, July 10, 2008
Physician blogger Dr. Val recently heard about FreeMD, an online tool that "conducts an interview, analyzes symptoms, and provides expert advice" to patients, and decided to test it out for herself. It completely missed the diagnosis of her fictional condition, and she concluded that "computers will replace physicians when robots replace spouses."
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges