Court blocks Medi-Cal pharmacy payment cuts
San Francisco Chronicle, July 17, 2008
California officials have renewed efforts to cut payments to pharmacies for prescription drugs to millions of low-income Medi-Cal patients after a federal appeals court put a 10% rate reduction on hold. A separate lawsuit is pending against 10% cuts in state Medi-Cal reimbursements to doctors and dentists, which remain in place. The Legislature authorized the 10% reductions in February for all Medi-Cal healthcare providers, effective July 1.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream