Physician to open concierge medical practice in Mequon, WI
Mark W. Niedfeldt, MD, an associate professor at the Medical College of Wisconsin who is on the staff at several Milwaukee-area hospitals, is planning to open a concierge medical office in Mequon, WI. Niedfeldt is opening the concierge medical office—a practice in which doctors agree to see a limited number of patients—with help from Arizona-based start-up ModernMed Inc. Representatives from ModernMed Inc. said they believed Niedfeldt's practice would be the first primary care concierge medicine practice in the state of Wisconsin. ModernMed requires its doctors to commit to having no more than 500 patients a year, far fewer than the average of 2,300 a typical family doctor sees in a year, said the company's CEO.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'