Commentary: Chronic disease battle requires better tools
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), September 4, 2008
In his commentary published in the Wall Street Journal, Benjamin Brewer, MD, says the biggest challenge in primary-care medicine is dealing with the complications of obesity, diabetes, and hypertension. "The current financial disincentives to providing proper care for chronic disease are daunting, and the waste created by ignoring the problem is growing as the population ages," Brewer says.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application