Study finds few pain doctors face criminal prosecutions
Physicians often do not face criminal prosecution in connection with the prescribing of narcotics, according to a recent study by the journal Pain Medicine. The study found that only about 0.1% of doctors were actually prosecuted between 1998 and 2006, facing charges of illegally prescribing narcotics.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers