Chicago area program helps troubled doctors
Chicago Tribune, September 23, 2008
Troubled physicians are now being referred to the Professionals Program at Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare in Elmhurst, IL. It is one of several programs in the country that helps doctors with substance abuse, mood and personality disorders, and anxiety. While the program has also served airline pilots, attorneys, and other business executives, it has been utilized primarily by physicians.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs