Commentary: Taking Time for Empathy
Pauline Chen, MD, responds to a paper published suggesting physicians miss opportunities to express empathy to patients. "I would like to believe that I am a compassionate doctor. But when I must convey bad news to a patient, one of the first things I worry about is time," she writes.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness