Dangerous skin infections hit home
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), October 16, 2008
About 85% of MRSA infections can be traced back to a hospital stay and two-thirds occur after a patient has arrived back home. But 15% of the infections can't be linked to a hospitalization. These patients often show up first at a doctor's office for treatment, and Benjamin Brewer, MD, says this is why hand washing and disinfecting surfaces in physician practices is absolutely crucial.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%