Doctors' movement to digital records begins, albeit slowly
Physicians at Greensboro, NC-baed Carolina Pediatrics are part of a movement toward electronic health records. Members of the movement say such systems will reduce costs, improve efficiency, and reduce medical errors. But change has been slow in coming because some physicians, particularly those in small practices, say the systems are too expensive.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs