Surgeon amputates boy's arm in Congo with instructions texted from London
A British surgeon amputated the arm of a teenager in Africa with help from instructions sent to him by text message from a colleague in London. Faced with carrying out an unfamiliar operation, David Nott, MD, called his surgical colleague Meirion Thomas. Thomas replied with two messages detailing the procedure. The operation was a success and the patient made a good recovery.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers