$9 million award for Illinois hospital antibiotic death
Chicago Tribune, December 12, 2008
A Lake County, IL, family will receive about $9 million in a medical malpractice case involving the death of a 12-year-old boy. In 1999, Andrew Muno died on an operating table in Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, IL, while undergoing surgery to repair a cut tendon in his arm. The family sued the two doctors who worked on their son, a surgeon and an anesthesiologist.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives