'Surgtechs' in high demand in South Florida
Surgical technicians are in demand. According to state statistics, more than 300 new surgtechs will be needed annually in Florida through 2015. Training takes about a year, after which starting wages are around $14 an hour. Nurses used to do this kind of work, but that has grown rare. Nurses require more training and can easily make twice as much money.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny