'Surgtechs' in high demand in South Florida
Surgical technicians are in demand. According to state statistics, more than 300 new surgtechs will be needed annually in Florida through 2015. Training takes about a year, after which starting wages are around $14 an hour. Nurses used to do this kind of work, but that has grown rare. Nurses require more training and can easily make twice as much money.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'