'Surgtechs' in high demand in South Florida
Surgical technicians are in demand. According to state statistics, more than 300 new surgtechs will be needed annually in Florida through 2015. Training takes about a year, after which starting wages are around $14 an hour. Nurses used to do this kind of work, but that has grown rare. Nurses require more training and can easily make twice as much money.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus