Texas bills seek disclosure of pharmaceutical companies' payments to doctors
Texas lawmakers may be ready to force pharmaceutical companies to disclose payments to doctors. Mirroring a national trend, two Texas lawmakers have filed bills to require drug manufacturers to report all payments to Texas healthcare providers, including consulting fees and honoraria, gifts, and travel perks.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians