"House" most popular TV doctor, according to survey
Medical Economics, January 15, 2009
In a phone survey, 20% of 1,009 respondents said they would want fictional TV doctor Gregory House of the Fox drama "House" as their doctor. Coming in a close second was Marcus Welby of "Marcus Welby, MD" at 13%, followed by Hawkeye Pierce of M*A*S*H (11%), according to the survey by the American Board of Medical Specialties. Doctors from other popular current shows such as Lost and Grey's Anatomy didn't break the 10% mark. In the same survey, respondents said the most important attribute they look for in a physician is bedside manner/communication skills.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers