"House" most popular TV doctor, according to survey
Medical Economics, January 15, 2009
In a phone survey, 20% of 1,009 respondents said they would want fictional TV doctor Gregory House of the Fox drama "House" as their doctor. Coming in a close second was Marcus Welby of "Marcus Welby, MD" at 13%, followed by Hawkeye Pierce of M*A*S*H (11%), according to the survey by the American Board of Medical Specialties. Doctors from other popular current shows such as Lost and Grey's Anatomy didn't break the 10% mark. In the same survey, respondents said the most important attribute they look for in a physician is bedside manner/communication skills.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal