"House" most popular TV doctor, according to survey
Medical Economics, January 15, 2009
In a phone survey, 20% of 1,009 respondents said they would want fictional TV doctor Gregory House of the Fox drama "House" as their doctor. Coming in a close second was Marcus Welby of "Marcus Welby, MD" at 13%, followed by Hawkeye Pierce of M*A*S*H (11%), according to the survey by the American Board of Medical Specialties. Doctors from other popular current shows such as Lost and Grey's Anatomy didn't break the 10% mark. In the same survey, respondents said the most important attribute they look for in a physician is bedside manner/communication skills.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line