Medical group examining Beverly Hills fertility doctor in octuplets case
Los Angeles Times, February 11, 2009
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine said it is going to look into the case of a mother who gave birth to octuplets, and who now has 14 children. The mother, 33-year-old Nadya Suleman, went to a Beverly Hills doctor, whose fertility treatment led to the birth of her octuplets and her six previous children. West Coast IVF Clinic is run by Michael M. Kamrava, MD, who has declined to comment about the case. The California Medical Board previously announced an investigation, and the reproductive medicine society is now following suit.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care