Congressmen introduces two bills aimed at bulking up the medical workforce
Two Texas Congressmen, Republican Michael C. Burgess and Democrat Gene Green, introduced two bills on Monday aimed at addressing physician shortage issues. One would establish a loan program to support residency training programs in rural hospitals, and the other would authorize $43 million in grants to public health teaching institutions.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus