Three Florida doctors indicted in $10 million Medicare fraud scheme
Three Miami-Dade County doctors are among those indicted in connection with an alleged $10 million Medicare fraud scheme, according to a press release from the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida. The doctors were all indicted by a grand jury in Miami for conspiracy to commit healthcare fraud. The scheme allegedly was operated out of Midway Medical, a Miami infusion clinic that claimed to specialize in treating HIV/AIDS patients.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?