Three Florida doctors indicted in $10 million Medicare fraud scheme
Three Miami-Dade County doctors are among those indicted in connection with an alleged $10 million Medicare fraud scheme, according to a press release from the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida. The doctors were all indicted by a grand jury in Miami for conspiracy to commit healthcare fraud. The scheme allegedly was operated out of Midway Medical, a Miami infusion clinic that claimed to specialize in treating HIV/AIDS patients.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'