USF affiliation seeks to bring docs to eastern Pennsylvania
AP/Miami Herald, March 6, 2009
An eastern Pennsylvania healthcare group says a new affiliation with the University of South Florida medical school will lure more doctors to a region that's having trouble holding onto physicians. The Lehigh Valley Health Network has hospitals in Allentown and Bethlehem and health centers in surrounding communities. Some of the Tampa school's third- and fourth- year medical students will take their final two years of training at the Lehigh Valley facilities.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives