Hospitals' use of observation stay is questioned
The rise in the number of patients under observation care is increasing concern in some medical quarters. The number of patients affected by the classification is growing because Medicare and private insurers want only the sickest people to be treated in costly, resource-intensive medical centers.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year