Commentary: Retail healthcare is . . . um . . . retail
Sg2 (free registration required), March 18, 2009
Sg2 Senior Vice President Bill Woodson says it is impossible to overlook the growing shortage of primary care capacity in both urban and rural markets. As a result, the retail clinic model can help us manage some primary care needs and the inevitable access challenges that emerge as we develop mechanisms to expand the ranks of the insured over the next 5 five years, he says.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'