Working with a hospital administration is like . . .
Sg2 (free registration required), March 23, 2009
The Sg2 orthopedics team surveyed 238 orthopedic surgeons on this question and a wide range of other issues, including the greatest professional pressures they face, current and planned practice expansion initiatives, physician-hospital relationships and practice marketing and promotion activities. Respondents represented a variety of practice sizes, structures and locations. Economic concerns related to reimbursement from Medicare and private payers, overhead and expense management are by far these surgeons' top concerns.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations