Concord, MA, hospital steps in to rescue abandoned medical records
Boston Globe, April 3, 2009
Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA, is coming to the rescue of hundreds of patients whose medical records were about to be destroyed, after their family physician abruptly closed his practice and left the records in legal limbo. Hospital chief executive Christine Schuster said that Emerson will take possession of the files, contact patients about how to retrieve their personal information, and help them find another doctor.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives