Pharma sales reps often find the doc won't see them now
New figures from sales and marketing consultants ZS Associates indicate drug reps do not get in the door to see a doctor on 13% of their visits. The 18 million wasted sales calls each year suggest the extent of a physician backlash against pharma's marketing push, says Jaideep Bajaj, managing director of ZS Associates. ZS Associates hasn't been tracking the success rate for rep visits for very long but it's clear that doctor access is getting squeezed for the drug-company detailers, according to the Wall Street Journal Health Blog.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs