Pharma sales reps often find the doc won't see them now
New figures from sales and marketing consultants ZS Associates indicate drug reps do not get in the door to see a doctor on 13% of their visits. The 18 million wasted sales calls each year suggest the extent of a physician backlash against pharma's marketing push, says Jaideep Bajaj, managing director of ZS Associates. ZS Associates hasn't been tracking the success rate for rep visits for very long but it's clear that doctor access is getting squeezed for the drug-company detailers, according to the Wall Street Journal Health Blog.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs