Commentary: Malpractice damage caps not a cure for high healthcare costs
Capping malpractice damages is a healthcare reform idea that has swirled around Washington for years, but a Dallas Morning News columnist questions whether it would make healthcare less expensive in this article. The evidence doesn't show it, he says.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer