'Fate of this outbreak' may be determined this week
Experts say the next few days will determine whether the swine flu outbreak will keep expanding or if it will recede in the fashion of seasonal flu at this time of year. "What happens this coming week will be essential in determining the fate of this outbreak," says pandemic model specialist Alessandro Vespignani of Indiana University in Bloomington.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'