East coast doctors versus west coast doctors
www.intueri.org, May 7, 2009
This blog post from a psychiatrist compares the practice styles of physicians on the east and west coasts. The medical hierarchy is more obvious on the east coast, and doctors in that region tend to do more physical work, like blood draws and patient transports, she says.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream